We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Our London office hosts the largest environmental team within the company, currently numbering nearly 60 people across a variety of different specialist disciplines, including air quality, ecology, environmental impact assessment, sustainability, cultural heritage, contaminated land and waste. Our environmental team sits within a broader integrated planning and consulting team known as Consulting South. This diversity enables large and complex projects to be undertaken both within London and in collaboration with our regional offices and centres elsewhere. As a result, our people benefit from opportunities across a range of projects both from a skills and location point of view.
Our air quality team is a growing team working on a diverse range of air quality and odour projects with budgets from a few hundred pounds to over £300,000. Within this team you would have the opportunity to work on major infrastructure projects such as HS2, large airports, new roads schemes and large energy generation projects. We also work on a wide range of smaller projects covering all areas of air quality and odour assessment where you would have direct contact with clients and responsibility for project management. We are also involved in internal and external research projects, for instance investigating the impact of green infrastructure on air quality and investigating measures for indoor air quality.
As a result of our continued growth we have a new opportunity for an experienced senior/principal grade air quality specialist to join our extremely successful and highly recognized multidisciplinary engineering consultancy with an enviable reputation as being one of the world's leading engineering and development consultancies.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the sector able to provide technical guidance to various teams on projects and act as project manager for technical studies plus assist with business development. This is an opportunity to work on a variety of different projects including new road proposals, airports, commercial, retail and residential development, waste disposals, odour assessment and construction dust. Experience on major highways projects is particularly desirable.
- Project Management
- Assisting with all aspects of project delivery
- Help develop and secure new business, negotiating with clients and contractors in order to develop existing relationships and to forge new business relationships
- Managing project teams to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines
- Responding to enquiries, communicating with clients to establish their needs and drafting fee proposals
- Team mentoring and leadership
Essential qualifications and experience:
- BSc/MSc or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Typically 6-7 or more years in air quality consultancy
- Full UK driving licence
- IEMA/IAQM/IES membership; Candidates should be Chartered, or working towards Chartership with an appropriate organization (e.g. IEMA/IAQM)
- Good working knowledge of legislative and planning framework
- Expertise in atmospheric dispersion modelling using ADMS-Roads, AERMOD and ADMS 5
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Excellent numerical skills
- Input to technical and financial proposals, project management, checking of reports, business development, Quality Assurance (QA) and Health and safety (H&S) aspects and continuing professional development
- Familiar with commonly applied air quality monitoring methods
- Experienced user of GIS and Microsoft Excel
- Experience of major highways projects
- Experience of automatic monitoring techniques
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.