Peter Brett Associates is a leading development and infrastructure consultancy. Following an increase in workload alongside our growth aspirations, we have a requirement for a Senior Acoustic Consultant to join our team in Manchester.
The acoustics team at PBA is a growing part of the wider practice and this is an exciting time to play your part in developing and shaping the team. Working mainly but not exclusively in multi-disciplinary teams and on a range of projects you will be involved in exciting building and infrastructure projects in across the UK and occasionally overseas.
- Undertake and manage the acoustic input to building and environmental engineering projects.
- Responsible for carrying out acoustic testing and environmental noise surveys across the country.
- Produce detailed 3D noise mapping models of large developments.
- Responsible for end-to-end management of client engagement.
- Attend and input into design team meetings with Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Architects and others.
- Produce detailed technical reports.
A degree in acoustics or a related discipline (physics, mechanical engineering etc.). The successful candidate will also be a full member of the Institute of Acoustics (MIOA). A full, clean UK car driving license is essential
Knowledge of Soundplan (or similar) and Odeon acoustic modelling software is highly desirable.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, able to work independently and be ready to contribute and play their part in the development and growth of the acoustics team, working alongside existing team members and colleagues throughout the Practice.
- Have 3-6 years’ experience of working in a consultancy environment.
- Have experience in both environmental and building acoustics work.
- Be a full member of the IOA (MIOA).
- Commercial awareness and an ability to manage project budgets and fee structures.
- Working knowledge of relevant codes of practice and industry standards
- Be able to work and travel throughout the UK and very rarely overseas.
- Be numerate, literate and familiar with software appropriate to the project tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
To find out more about PBA and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit http://www.peterbrett.com .
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.
Vacancy Reference 175