The role of Senior Air Quality Consultant at Bureau Veritas will be responsible for providing high quality consulting advice both routine as well as pioneering assessment work, implementing innovative approaches enabling Bureau Veritas to provide a holistic and high quality service to their clients.
Bureau Veritas Air Quality team take pride in the high quality services that are delivered to their clients. This is an opportunity to experience the benefit of working with a team of leading experts within their discipline, to act and develop as a Senior Air Quality Consultant, providing a variety of services to a large and diverse clientele.
This role allows you to confidently engage with internal and external stakeholders. Services include; air quality monitoring programmes, dispersion modelling studies, air quality and odour impact assessments, environmental permitting applications, and environmental management programmes.
Candidate requirements include:
- At least 5-years air quality consultancy experience;
- A thorough understanding of air quality legislation, policy and guidance;
- Experience of the delivery, co-ordination and technical review of air quality assessments;
- Strong analytical and report writing skills;
- Proficiency in the application of air emissions databases and dispersion models for industrial and/or transport sources (e.g. ADMS, ADMS Roads, AERMOD);
- Proficiency in the use of GIS and mapping software (e.g. MapInfo, Surfer);
- Proficiency in the use of standard IT applications (e.g. Word, Excel);
- Experience in computer programming is highly desirable (e.g. Visual Basic, Python, R);
- Positive approach to the challenges of change and see change as an opportunity;
- Ability to prioritise and schedule objectives to optimise time, cost and quality;
- High level of personal drive and commitment; and
- Strives to improve performance and uses innovative methods to get there.
- A degree in a relevant scientific discipline, and preferably also a Masters;
- Proven experience within the UK air quality sector, preferably within environmental consultancy;
- Full Membership of the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM), or equivalent, or the necessary qualifications to become such a member; and
- Full UK Driving license.
You can benefit from a structured development programme, comprehensive financial package, various insurances plus a wide range of other flexible benefits.
Bureau Veritas is an equal opportunity employer.