Cass Allen Associates is a thriving acoustics consultancy based in Bedford, with 17 staff including 14 consultants. Since our foundation in 2000 we have completed over 3,000 projects, working across numerous sectors including: residential; commercial and retail; education; entertainment and leisure; healthcare and pharmaceuticals; hotels; industrial and infrastructure.
Cass Allen is expanding its range of environmental services offered to clients to include air quality assessments. An opportunity exists for an experienced Air Quality Consultant to set up and lead a new Air Quality division within the company.
As a consultancy we pride ourselves on backing up our excellent technical knowledge with practical experience and a pragmatic outlook on solving real-world environmental problems. All of our consultants are trained to use our state of the art instrumentation and computer modelling facilities. Importantly, we have a culture of innovation in which our employees can propose new ways of working and make a difference to the services we provide.
We are friendly and inclusive company and believe that work should be enjoyable and challenging. We are very proud of our company culture, which is based on team work and trust and we actively look for staff that are friendly, helpful and positive. You will be working with a great group of people.
Initially the role will involve setting up an Air Quality division within the company to expand the range of environmental services. We see this as an excellent opportunity for the right person to accelerate their career and become a key player in a fast growing company.
On a day to day basis the role will involve:
- Handling a wide range of air quality work including taking measurements on site and carrying out technical assessments
- Advising/assisting clients as appropriate by phone, email and by writing reports summarising our advice
- Attending client meetings
- Managing your own projects from an early stage
- Providing excellent, responsive client service at all times in line with Cass Allen’s core values
- Taking the lead with the generation of repeat business from existing clients and new business from prospective clients
- Taking responsibility for maintaining and updating your own air quality knowledge both via the company’s in-house knowledge management system, Confluence, and via your own specialist reading
We offer an attractive basic remuneration package that we believe is superior to our competitors. This includes: a generous quarterly bonus scheme; pension contributions; private medical insurance; life assurance; income protection insurance; 25 days’ holiday. The development of a strong air quality division would be of significant value to the company and this would be reflected in the remuneration offering for the right person.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Previous experience in running a small team of Air Quality consultants would be an advantage but not essential.
- A track record of industry experience –typically 5 years
- A strong academic background, i.e. degree or equivalent professional qualifications
- Membership or Associate Member of the IAQM (Institute of Air Quality Management)
- An understanding of the LAQM and UK planning system
- Excellent technical skills
- Sufficient standing to represent the company at regular project meetings
- An ability to drive projects forward and ensure that they are completed in a timely manner
- An outgoing, enthusiastic and confident manner
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Strong organisation and administration skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Good commercial awareness e.g. aware of time taken on a project versus fees charged, and willing to take part in marketing/business development activities
- A proactive, flexible attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as working well as part of a team
- Ability to learn from and act on constructive criticism
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and an ability to pick up new systems quickly
The development of a strong air quality division would be of significant value to the company and this would be reflected in the remuneration offering for the right person.