- Position based in Auckland
- NZ employee-owned Professional Environmental & Engineering Consultancy
- Established over 30 years with 120+ staff and growing, operating across NZ
- Offices in Auckland, Tauranga, Wellington and Christchurch
- A great team and company culture – professional, supportive, social
Enginurity has been engaged by Pattle Delamore & Partners (PDP) to act as their as retained recruitment partner on an exclusive basis to help them recruit a number of key positions in their growing team.
Pattle Delamore Partners Limited (PDP) is an engineering and environmental consultancy, offering solutions for environmental issues through our specialised range of services.
We have experts in areas that include contaminated land and hazardous waste, geology, geotechnics, stormwater management, hydrology, river engineering, aquatic ecology, groundwater, coastal, water supply, wastewater, solid waste, air quality, geospatial services, civil engineering, consents and environmental management.
This role is based in their Auckland office and represents an exciting opportunity to lead the air quality function responsible for business development and technical delivery. Working within our clients environmental management service team, you will have existing projects to work on in collaboration with the wider team. Specifically, this role is to undertake professional work primarily in the area of air quality assessments, air discharge modelling, consenting, and management.
In this role, you can expect to be working on:
- Air quality assessments – including dust, odour, industrial discharges and reverse sensitivity effects.
- Carrying out technical work and reporting.
- Scoping, budgeting and supervision of field investigations.
- Managing project deliverables by co-ordinating work outputs by yourself, other staff and subcontractors.
- Establishing and controlling project budgets and preparing invoices.
- Liaising and meeting expectations of clients, regulators and other stakeholders.
- Training and mentoring junior staff in technical matters and contributing to developing technical expertise within the company.
- Presenting evidence at Hearings and Environment Court.
- Developing new business in the area of air quality.
It is expected that you hold a science of engineering degree with a post graduate or Master’s degree majoring in air quality together with at least 8 years post graduate experience in an Air Quality Scientist / Consultant role. You will need to be comfortable working independently as well as collaborating with the wider team as required.
For this role we are looking for candidates that can demonstrate:
- Experience in air quality dispersion modelling.
- Experience of a variety of methods for air quality monitoring.
- Experience in undertaking odour assessments.
- Understanding of the RMA and Council Planning processes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Project negotiation and client liaison skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects to achieve deadlines and results.
- Self-starter with a professional approach to work.
In return our client can offer:
- A competitive salary.
- Accredited Employer with Immigration New Zealand and able to support your visa.
- The support and responsibility you need to rapidly develop your skills and experience through involvement in a range of interesting projects with high calibre people.
- Encouragement and financial support to attend courses and conferences to further your career.
- The opportunity to become a shareholder in the company in the future.
- Personalised professional development, tailored to your needs. This client is an accredited Engineering New Zealand Professional Development Partner.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Ability to relocate to Tauranga, Wellington, or Christchurch.
- Paid parental leave in addition to statutory requirements.
- An active social club.