Due to an increase in project demands The Ramboll UK Southern Environment Team are looking to hire a Senior Air Quality Consultant on a short fixed term basis to join their fast growing, busy, dynamic and elite Team in the Southampton Office.
This is an outstanding opportunity to progress your career that will offer you excellent quality of work on large projects throughout the company along with a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Ramboll UK Ltd:
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, the end-users and society as a whole. We acknowledge that our solutions depend on the creativity, insight and integrity of our employees. Therefore, we empower the people within our organisation, welcome their individual differences and enable them to work in multi-talented teams to produce inspired solutions.
Reporting directly to the Team Director the ideal candidate will be required to carry out technical tasks with minimal supervision and play a key role within an air quality team as part of a larger integrated environmental group.
Will need to be able to visit sites which may not have easy access, and to work outside normal business hours as survey or mitigation work requires.
Education and Training:
Appropriate BSc and MSc in Environmental Impact Assessment, or equivalent
Full membership of the Institute of Air Quality Management; ideally would be Chartered Environmentalist or Scientist.
Able to demonstrate CPD in a range of air quality management skills.
- Significant experience in undertaking air quality assessments, including baseline studies, assessment of road and point source emissions
- Have a good understanding of UK legislation, guidance and planning procedures with respect air quality management
- Experience in the assessment and management of impacts from construction activities
- Experience of work in the roads sector would be advantageous
- Project managing a range of air quality management tasks and projects
- Experience of Public Inquiries would be advantageous
- Experience of staff/team management would be advantageous.
- Experience of dealing with clients, regulators and other professionals
Special Skills and Knowledge:
- A good level of familiarity of air models including ADMS3, AERMOD, CAL3QHC(R) and DMRB, and experience in the use of these models in air quality assessment
- A good knowledge of air quality monitoring techniques, and experience in the use and management of equipment and manipulation and reporting of results
- A knowledge of the issues and assessment methods for odour
- Good report writing skills
- Computer literate with an ability to interpret and work with maps plans etc.
Personality and Disposition:
- Self-reliant and able to use initiative and think innovatively
- Proven experience of effective working in a team
- Concern for the sustainability agenda
In Ramboll UK we offer a comprehensive choice of benefits to all our employees which enable you to have more control over your total reward package. This flexible benefits scheme gives you access to our online benefits platform from which you can choose appropriate benefits for you and is available 24/7 from any device.
Some of the key advantages include:
- Allows you to view your pension and core benefits details
- Take advantage of year-round deals, discounts and savings
- Choose from a selection of flexible benefits to enhance your package
- Maximise tax and National Insurance efficiencies through salary exchange
- Corporate negotiated policies and pricing
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Ramboll UK is an equal opportunities employer.