Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
We are a multidisciplinary group of consultants working alongside engineering, design, planning and digital specialists throughout project lifecycles from to feasibility, design and assessment, to construction and implementation. We work in a range of sectors with public and private sector clients with a focus on cities, energy, water and transport.
We have a new opportunity for an experienced Air Quality Consultant to support an exciting and diverse portfolio of projects within the built environment.
The position is for a Senior Air Quality Consultant to join the Atmospheric Emissions team within our Environmental Consulting business in London. You will help deliver and manage air quality projects as part of a team or as standalone projects.
Activities will include providing high quality technical consultancy and advisory support to clients, contributing to and managing the delivery of projects on time and to budget, including managing resources and undertaking regular project reviews and business development and preparation of effective technical proposals to win new contracts. Clients include private developers and other organisations and public sector authorities. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary environment alongside other environmental, planning, engineering and urban design specialists.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering air quality assessments for a wide range of schemes
- Proficient in data analysis and interpretation, with good GIS skills (ArcGIS or MapInfo)
- Experience in the use of relevant industry software (e.g. ADMS, Aermod)
- Ability to interpret environmental guidelines, policies, plans, strategies and legislative requirements and assess their applicability to a project to identify appropriate solutions
- Experience of air quality monitoring techniques (automatic and passive)
- Experience in writing and editing technical and non-technical reports, and fee proposals
- Project and commercial management experience, including project planning and budgeting
- Experience of managing small project teams
- Experience in undertaking air quality assessments for environmental permitting
- Experience in undertaking odour assessments
- Experience in undertaking carbon assessments
- Full member of the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM)
- Chartered or working towards chartership (CEnv)
What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.