ADAS exists to provide ideas, specialist knowledge and solutions to secure our food and enhance the environment.
With over 65 years’ experience ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural development sectors.
Our Air Quality team has market-leading expertise in atmospheric emissions and work extensively with waste management, development and local authority clients to assist with the management of air quality issues arising through the planning, permitting and regulatory processes. We are recruiting for a senior consultant to join this team of highly respected professionals to lead client projects and help shape the further development of our Air Quality business.
This position will involve leading and delivering a wide range of air quality based projects in a fast moving and client focussed commercial environment.
This will involve:
- Leading and co-ordinating fieldwork at client premises, mainly in the areas of bioaerosol and odour measurement.
- Undertaking and supervising air dispersion modelling assessments.
- Financial management of consultancy contracts.
- Taking a lead role in the preparation of high quality reports and other project outputs.
- Taking a lead role in other consultancy activities as required, including attending client meetings, consulting with regulators and third parties and sourcing emissions data.
- Preparation of costed quotations and proposals for clients and participation in wider sales and business development activities as required.
- Allocating project resources and making recommendations to the Team Manager on recruitment or investment needs.
- Monitoring emerging legislation and guidance and shaping the company’s response.
Successful candidates will:
- Manage the delivery of air quality consultancy work streams ensuring that work is delivered on time, within budget, to the required standards and meets the client’s satisfaction.
- Write and produce concise reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Achieve team and personal sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, assisting with tenders, approaching new clients and undertaking sales meetings. You will therefore have direct experience of winning work and the sales and business development process in a consultancy based environment.
- Demonstrate a strong track record of air quality focused project delivery and leadership in a commercial environment.
- Demonstrate good awareness of the science of air quality and the regulatory and policy environment which lies behind it.
- A full driving licence.
- A relevant professional qualification or commitment to work towards this once appointed.
- A relevant academic background in a numeric or environmental science.
- A flexible, positive mind-set and a willingness to work flexibly in terms of location and working hours on occasions to meet client expectation.
What do we offer?
- Salary in the range of £30,370 to £33,744
- 25 days annual leave per year, increasing to 30 days at 5 years’ service plus bank and public holidays
- A pension scheme to which the company contributes
- Ill-health income protection insurance
- Excellent continual professional development and career progression opportunities,
- A range of other staff and family friendly benefits
- ADAS was winner of the “Best Environmental Consultancy to Work for” awards two years running
- ADAS is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your current salary (if relevant), confirming that you are eligible to work in the UK, and identifying how you meet the job criteria.
Applications to be sent to Angela Dewhurst, 16 Eastway Business Village, Olivers Place, Fulwood, Preston, PR2 9WT, Tel 01772 706209 or email DBU.firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00 a.m. on Friday 21st October 2016. If you require further information on this position, contact Angela Dewhurst as above.
For more information about ADAS visit www.adas.uk