About the role
BWB Consulting has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Air Quality Consultant or Air Quality Consultant seeking to progress towards a team leader. The role will be in our Air Quality team based in our Manchester Office.
The successful applicant would be expected to lead or contribute to a wide range of development projects which will include taking responsibility for financial performance and commercial management.
The position will involve input and management of projects across the BWB Offices. A key element of the role will be to work with our Air Quality Associate to manage the incoming work stream.
The successful applicant will already have at five to seven years of proven experience in environmental air quality and odour consultancy. The role will provide an opportunity for an individual to demonstrate a broad range of skills by undertaking specialist technical work, whilst working as part of an integrated, progressive environmental team.
Our work is varied and widespread supporting our clients on projects both locally and throughout the UK as required. We value innovation, while always seeking to provide commercial solutions to complex environmental issues.
Alongside your technical advancement we also offer a range of internal personal development programmes including:
- Wellbeing Seminars
- Professional mentoring
This is just a sample of some of our in-house programmes - at BWB the learning and support is endless.
About the team
The Air Quality team is a rapidly expanding part of BWB’s environmental service offering, with involvement at all stages in the planning cycle from feasibility through to master planning and the discharge of conditions. We also provide strategic advice and asset management services, and offer clever solutions to some challenging air quality and odour issues.
We aim to create a working environment that provides challenge, enjoyment and a real sense of satisfaction with a view to encouraging personal and professional development in all our staff BWB have recently won two major accolades from the ACE (Association for Consultancy and Engineering) annual Consultancy and Engineering Awards 2016: Best UK Business Performance for a Medium-Sized Firm, and Training Initiative of the Year.
We are seeking candidate with the following qualities:
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances
- Proactive approach with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to prioritise team workloads and manage resources to ensure efficient delivery of projects.
- Highly self-organised and able to deliver own and facilitate others, to deliver projects to time, quality and cost constraints
- Commercially astute with strong and effective influencing and negotiating skills, as well as a proven ability to develop and maintain client relationships
- Has the skills and personality to build and develop high-performing teams in an environment that encourages individuals to fulfil their potential
- Keen to keep learning to improve own breadth of knowledge and technical expertise
Ideally the successful candidate will be a graduate in an air quality related discipline or equivalent. Full membership of the Institute of Air Quality Management is required and Chartered Scientist or Chartered Environmentalist status is highly desirable.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate good experience and working knowledge of the following areas of work:
- The EIA process
- Working with design teams, architects, clients and end users
- Project management
- A good understanding of the planning process
- The standards and guidelines that govern our industry
- Experience of using air quality modelling packages such as ADMS-Roads, AERMOD and ADMS 5 are essential
- Experience of undertaking specific odour assessments, including monitoring and modelling
- Experience and proficiency in using GIS and AutoCAD packages would be advantageous
- Experience of air quality and odour monitoring
- Willingness to travel and a full driving license are essential to the role
Why choose BWB?
It’s quite simple really. We invest in our people and give them fantastic career opportunities, that’s why!
It’s not just us who say that either. Look at what we have been recognised for recently:
- Investors in People Gold standard
- Listed in The Times top 100 Best Companies to work for at position 59
- ACE Training Initiative of the Year 2016 (which we won for the BWB Academy)
- ACE Best UK Business Performance for a Medium-sized Firm 2016
- Top 30 ranking in the country by New Civil Engineer
- Best Retention Strategy – December 2016 – CITA
- People Development Award - December 2015 – East Midlands Chamber of Commerce
These accolades show that we’re a dynamic, successful and growing business that helps all our employees achieve their full potential.
Take a look at www.bwbconsulting.com where you can see a selection of the type of projects we work on, and there are some videos too which give an insight to what it’s like to work with us.
What we can offer you
- An excellent career with a competitive salary
- Exciting and varied project design experience
- 25 days holiday plus additional holiday purchasing scheme
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 5 paid days for STEM activity
- Cashback medical cover
- Rewards scheme offering discounts on shopping, cinema tickets, theme parks & gyms
- Free Tastecard offering 50% off dining at over 6,500 restaurants nationwide