We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior Air Quality Scientist to join our Environmental team based in our Bristol or Manchester office on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast growing multi-disciplinary consultancy.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
- Technical and commercial management of air quality and odour projects
- Liaison with clients and key stakeholders
- Initial site appraisals and consultation
- Technical supervision and mentoring of junior team members
- Dispersion modelling of road traffic and industrial pollution sources.
- Writing air quality reports to accompany planning applications and Environment Impact Assessments.
Capabilities and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience and will have a BEng, BSc or MSc in a relevant subject, or the equivalent level qualification. In addition the candidate must:
- Experience of dispersion modelling (ADMS Roads and ADMS5) and GIS packages
- Have a proven track record of working on land development and urban regeneration projects
- Practical experience of passive and automatic air pollution monitoring
- Understanding of the LAQM and UK planning and regulatory system
- Experience of working for a consultancy is essential
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Ability to work alone and within multidisciplinary teams
- An interest in business development would be of interest, but is not essential for this role
Ideally the applicant will be able to demonstrate competency and flexibility to meet the demands of the role.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
To find out more about PBA and see the range of exciting projects we are involved in please visit http://www.peterbrett.com .
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.
Vacancy Reference 267