Amec Foster Wheeler’s Air Quality team has a long track record and an exciting portfolio of contracts and clients. We are currently working on projects in a range of sectors such as transport including aviation, government, clean energy, conventional and renewable energy, mining, general industry and oil and gas in the UK and internationally.
Due to the continued success of our team, we are currently looking to recruit a high-calibre Senior Consultant to join our team and help deliver the projects in some or all sectors; project manage contracts; develop further business opportunities; and support junior colleagues.
The successful candidate will be one who is keen to develop themselves and the team. You will have excellent opportunities to progress by furthering your technical capabilities and to explore the wider interests of our company. With us, you’ll be challenged, you’ll be encouraged to excel, you’ll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career and you’ll be proud to be part of the Amec Foster Wheeler team.
You will work with the Air Quality team and colleagues from other disciplines to deliver both large and small consultancy projects and proposals, many of which are multi-disciplinary. Your main responsibilities will include:
- designing and implementing strategies for ambient air quality and odour monitoring
- air dispersion modelling using ADMS, ADMS-Roads, AERMOD and other models
- emissions inventory compilation
- data collection and analysis
- assessment, reporting and presenting
- project management of tasks and budgets
- leading and contributing to proposals and other business development activity
- supervision and mentoring of junior staff
You will be expected to be experienced in successfully managing your own workload and in working to deadlines and budgets.
- Minimum upper second degree-level qualification in engineering, science or maths and ideally also a postgraduate qualification in environmental science, technology, engineering or policy. A relevant professional membership is also desired
- A keen interest in developing your skills and a career at a globally recognised environmental consultancy
- You will be able to demonstrate experience undertaking air quality assessments and a working knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulation
- Strong project management skills and evidence of budgetary and financial management are also desirable
- You will be able to demonstrate experience dealing successfully with clients and subcontractors
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write concise reports in English
- Strong mathematical / quantitative analysis skills and understanding of physical and chemical processes
- The ability to develop Excel-based spreadsheet solutions to manipulate efficiently large and complex datasets
- Full UK driving licence
For further information on this post or to apply, please visit our website