ITPEnergised are looking to grow their existing and well-established Energy & Emissions team through the appointment of a Senior Consultant specialised in Air Quality & Permitting. Applicants should have developed technical understanding in atmospheric emissions, with
minimum 4-5 years' project experience in a similar consulting environment. Applications are also welcomed from exceptional junior consultants ready to progress to a Senior role within six months. You will report directly to the Head of Air Quality and will be required to have a strong technical
background and demonstrable project management skills, including financial control, resource management and training and mentoring of junior personnel.
Your knowledge and experience will ideally include, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- Advanced competence in the use of Air Quality models including ADMS 5 and ADMS-Roads and associated GIS applications;
- A solid understanding of environmental regulations and directives (IED, MCPD, EIA, LAQM) and relevant UK technical guidance with respect to air quality;
- Experience of writing EIAR/ES Chapters and contributing to Environmental Permit/PPC applications;
- Ability to calculate emissions from process monitoring data, equipment manufacturer data and a range of emission factor databases;
- Experience of air quality monitoring and subsequent analysis of data;
- Commercial awareness and the ability to recognise opportunities for the business;
- Ability to contribute to and lead meetings/undergo consultation with co-professionals;
- external clients, Local Authorities and regulatory agencies;
- Training and mentoring of junior staff including development of training material and;
- Delivery of high-quality reports and presentations within project budgets and timescales.
The ideal candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate knowledge of, or have experience in the following skills and attributes:
- A degree in a relevant scientific discipline; postgraduate degree desirable but not essential.
- Excellent numeracy, report writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of standard office software (Word / Excel / PowerPoint) and GIS (ArcGIS, QGIS).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be dynamic, innovative and curious.
- Hold a full UK driver's licence.