Mabbett and Associates Ltd (Mabbett), is an independent, integrated environmental, health and safety, energy consulting and engineering firm, and was established in 1996 in Glasgow, Scotland. Since then, the firm has grown to employ 40 motivated engineers, scientists and supporting professionals across the U.K. We have regional offices in: Belfast, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Inverness, Middlesbrough and Manchester.
The firm is seeking to recruit a Senior Environmental Consultant to join our growing team, with the potential to work from any of our U.K. offices. The position may require travel, occasional overnight stays throughout the U.K., and further afield depending on project requirements - a valid passport and photo ID is required.
A positive place to work, Mabbett aims to implement the motto ‘See a Difference’ in everything that we do.
The ideal candidate will posses an Honours or Masters Degree in Chemical, Process, Mechanical, Civil or Environmental Engineering (or similar) and have a have a full U.K. driving licence with clean driver record. Professional chartership(s) would be viewed favourably.
The ideal candidate will have experience with regards to one or more of the following areas/disciplines, preferably in a consultancy role:
- Environmental permitting (e.g. Industrial Emissions Directive, via PPC/EPR/IPC) and associated regulator liaison (e.g. SEPA, EA, NIEA, EPA)
- Air quality to include air quality impact assessment via D1, H1 and/or via the CERC (e.g. ADMS) suite of software
- Environmental noise assessment/support for industrial and commercial facilities (via BS 4142) and construction sites
- Environmental licencing (e.g. Water Framework Directive, via CAR) and associated regulator liaison
- Specifying water and air pollution control strategies/technologies with reference to the principles of Best Available Techniques (BAT)
- Water management to include water efficiency auditing of industrial and commercial facilities
- Hydrology to include flood risk assessment
The successful candidate will work as a member of the Process Engineering team and will be involved in all aspects of professional input to environmental engineering projects. The successful candidate will also provide a level of marketing and business development support, identifying new clients and opportunities, to support the growth and expansion of the firm.
Mabbett is an equal opportunities employer and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits programmes with growth opportunities. Mabbett supports career development to include active participation in membership of professional organisations. For the right candidate, the opportunity exists to work towards becoming a shareholder of the firm.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and position requirements. Potential candidates are requested to provide an indication of their salary expectations and confirm which Mabbett office(s) they would consider working from.