We are a £1.1 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 170 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client
The Senior/Principal air quality consultant is responsible for leading the delivery of advanced atmospheric air dispersion modelling projects for Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Permit applications and planning applications, amongst others.
Projects also include undertaking due diligence work and contributing to international Environmental and Social Impact Assessments.
The Air Quality Team supports Mott MacDonald's major global infrastructure projects worldwide, particularly for large power and transportation schemes.
The role involves mentoring of junior staff, contributing to winning new work and developing the air quality business.
Our projects are global and international travel will be required from time to time for project and client visits. The role would be based primarily in Brighton, though consideration would be given to part time working in one of our London offices
- Extensive experience of using the dispersion models ADMS, ADMS-Roads and AERMOD
- In depth knowledge of UK legislation and policy influencing air quality assessment and latest guidance
- Extensive experienced in leading the delivery of air quality assessments, including for EIA, Environmental Permitting, WebTAG and LAQM
- Extensive experience of assessing major transport and/or power developments
- Good experience of assessing commercial, residential, minerals and industrial/chemical developments
- Degree and post-graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Experience of managing and mentoring junior staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of emissions abatement methods
- Good knowledge of ambient monitoring methods
- Experience of using CALPUF
- Experience of working with geographic information system (GIS)
- Experience of greenhouse gas assessments
- Understanding of linked environmental topics like odour, noise, ecology, landscape and visual
- Experience of environmental permit applications including BAT assessments
- Experience of stack monitoring or knowledge of methods
- Expert witness experience
- Experience of International projects
- Experience of environmental due diligence
- Business development skills