TNEI is an independent specialist energy consultancy providing technical, strategic, environmental and consenting advice to organisations operating within the conventional and renewable energy sectors. We have three offices based in the UK, in Manchester, Newcastle and Glasgow and an additional office in Cape Town, South Africa.
Due to recent and sustained growth, we are seeking to add a Senior/ Principal Air Quality consultant to our team. The successful candidate will be part of a small team working in this area but would be supported by other experienced environmental consultants and town planners. It is likely that projects will primarily be within the energy generation, transmission and distribution sectors although there may be opportunities to work on other types of projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and growing this service within TNEI, supporting business development activity as required.
As the service is established, the successful candidate may be required to assist in recruitment, development and day to day support / management of additional staff.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Desk based air quality and dust impact assessments.
- Emission calculations.
- Dispersion modelling.
- Supporting the Environmental Impact Assessment process.
- Supporting the environmental permitting process.
- Preparing Air Quality Management Plans.
- Supporting strategic projects or due diligence reviews through provision of specialist advice.
The candidate should be experienced in their field and would ideally have practical experience of energy projects. They should also be capable of taking a leading role within the team and providing mentoring and development support where required.
It is critical that the candidate has an excellent customer focus and is able to interpret client requirements and manage and deliver sometimes difficult or complex projects to their satisfaction. This would include engaging proactively with clients to deliver new business opportunities as well as maintaining current relationships, undertaking and managing project work, writing and reviewing documents and reports and managing, supporting and guiding other team members.
- A degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Full Member of the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM), or qualification to become such a member.
- Delivering projects to a high level of technical competency. It is expected that the candidate would be experienced and capable of acting autonomously.
- Actively managing client relationships and ensure that their needs and expectations are understood.
- Ensuring all work is reviewed at appropriate stages, peer reviewing others’ work to ensure consistency, accuracy and that it meets clients’ expectations, authorising the release of deliverables.
- Supporting other members of the team as required providing one-to-one or group training.
- Contributing to, or managing the preparation of, proposals, including commercial aspects and involving others as required.
- Managing their own time and delivering multiple or large, complex projects on time/budget, managing client expectations and scope changes as required.
- Maintaining and sharing market intelligence.
- Considering their impact on health and safety, quality and environment.