To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations we are looking for a Senior/Principal Air Quality Consultant to join our growing air quality team. Ideally located within commuting distance of our London, Manchester or Leeds office, with home working options.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. Applications are welcomed from candidates who are seeking reduced hours contracts and those returning from a career break. We offer flexible working patterns and will discuss these options and the support available with candidates at interview.
You will be leading existing air quality aspects of projects with support from more junior specialists across the UK and Europe, on primarily road related air quality projects. You will be reporting to the local Technical Director. Duties associated with this post will include:
- Leading projects and mentoring a team of Air Quality specialists working on a wide number of projects.
- Provide robust technical advice to clients on compliance with environmental regulations and issues related to Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Work closely with client’s technical specialists to incorporate detailed aspects of scheme, plant or process design within environmental assessments.
- Maintain our high quality of environmental deliverables whilst working within project budgets and timescales.
Qualifications - External
- A good degree qualification in a relevant environmental/natural science or engineering discipline.
- Candidates should have chartered membership of a recognised professional institution or be working towards this.
- Proven ability to use Air Quality models (such as ADMS, ADMS-Roads, Aermod, AirViro and CALPUFF) – this must include ADMS-Roads.
- An excellent understanding of environmental regulations and relevant UK technical guidance including the DMRB, LAQM Technical Guidance and relevant documents from the IAQM and EPUK.
- Experience of working on major road schemes.
- A full UK driving license would be preferred.
- Able to develop Excel based spreadsheet solutions to efficiently manipulate large and complex datasets.
- Experience working with GIS packages.
- Ability to initiate remote communication.
- Proven UK experience in Air Quality assessment work. This will include Air Quality Assessments of road transport schemes.
- Experience of planning and implementing air quality and odour monitoring.
- Proven ability to work within large multidisciplinary teams.
- Highly proficient in the use of standard office software (Word / Excel / Powerpoint).
- Proven ability to conduct technical work within budgetary and time constraints.
- Experience working to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.