A vacancy has arisen in the Environmental Health team for a Technical Officer dealing with Local Air Quality Management (LAQM). You will be responsible for carrying out a range of statutory duties including:-
Advising on air quality impacts in relation to environmental health, development control, highway and other corporate issues.
Implementing the requirements of the Local Air Quality Management regime including the screening of air quality issues, identification and implementation of air quality monitoring regimes, the collection and interpretation of robust data, including comparison against Air Quality Objectives and health based standards.
Producing air quality assessment reports in accordance with Technical Guidance and statutory timetables for submission to DEFRA, Environmental Agency and other stakeholders including Further Assessments and Action Plans resulting from declaration of Air Quality Management Areas.
Managing the day to day operation of the air quality monitoring network, acting as a single point of contact (SPOC) for consultants and engineers, responding to calibration issues and identifying and remediating faults.
Organise and participate in liaison forums between regulators, health professionals, academics and local industry to encourage the sharing of good practice and air quality knowledge to bring about environmental improvements in North Lincolnshire and compliance with air quality objectives.
The successful candidate will have
- Btec/HNC/equivalent qualification in Science/Environmental discipline or 2 years’ experience in Environmental Health/Environmental Protection.
- A thorough understanding of the Local Air Quality Management regime and the knowledge and skills to use and interpret the numerous air quality tools and IT.
- Experience of different software packages including advanced excel, familiarity with the use of ‘Openair’, DMRB and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to undertake pollution monitoring and knowledge of pollutants and their impact on health
- Ability to deal with members of the public and businesses in potential conflict situations
- Be accurate and numerate, with an attention to detail.
Please apply online where you can find the job description and employee specification. Please be aware that we do not accept CVs.