Our 2021 photography competition is now open for entries. The theme for this year’s competition is ‘transformation’.
As we look ahead to how our society will transform as we recover from COVID-19, consider the transformative change needed to address the climate crisis, and plan for the future of the environmental profession, transformation is an idea which has direct relevance to our lives and the work of the IES.
It is up to you how you interpret the theme: whether it be the transformation of our natural world through the seasons, the emergence of new life, or changes to our natural or built environments, we can't wait to see your images.
The winner will be awarded one of the following prizes, dependent on their current or estimated membership grade as defined by IES membership criteria:
- Fellow, Member, or Associate grade – 50% reduction in membership fee for the next calendar year;
- Student grade – First year’s professional membership free upon graduation; and
- Affiliate grade – Free membership for one year, starting on the day of the awarding of the prize.
We will select a number of the best entries to be featured in the environmental SCIENTIST and will be publishing a wider selection on social media.
- The competition is open to IES members and non-members.
- Up to five photographs can be submitted by each entrant.
- Entries must be high resolution (minimum 300 dpi) JPEG/JPG, TIFF/TIF or PNG files with no watermarks, borders or signatures.
- There is no requirement for photographs to have been captured during the competition period.
Please read the full Terms and Conditions before submitting your photograph(s).
Please submit your photograph(s) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 BST on Friday 27th August 2021.