Our 2022 photography competition is now open for entries.
We welcome images of water environments, freshwater or marine life, and the interaction of non-aquatic life with water. We encourage entrants to be creative in their interpretation of this year’s theme.
The winner will be awarded one of the following prizes, dependent on their current or estimated membership grade, as defined by IES membership criteria:
- Fellow, Member, or Associate grade – 50% reduction in membership fee for the next calendar year;
- Student grade – First year’s professional membership free upon graduation; and
- Affiliate grade – Free membership for one year, starting on the day of the awarding of the prize.
We will select a number of the best entries to be featured in our journal, Environmental Scientist, and will be publishing a wider selection on social media.
- The competition is open to IES members and non-members.
- Up to five photographs can be submitted by each entrant.
- Entries must be high resolution (minimum 300 dpi) JPEG/JPG, TIFF/TIF or PNG files with no watermarks, borders or signatures.
- There is no requirement for photographs to have been captured during the competition period.
Please read the full Terms and Conditions (docx) before submitting your photograph(s).
Please submit your images via email to email@example.com by 23:59 BST on Friday 16 September 2022.