The judging panel have decided on the nine finalists for the 2019 Environmental Professional of the Year. The Award recognises the outstanding achievements of Chartered Environmentalists and Registered Environmental Technicians from across the sector, highlighting their outstanding work.
The finalists this year include our very own Professor Carolyn Roberts, familiar to any member who has attended a CEnv in a Day workshop. Other finalists include:
- Jerome Baddley CEnv
- Head of Unit - the National Sustainable Development Unit for the NHS, Public Health and Social Care – The NHS and Public Health England
- Tanya Ferry CEnv
- Environment Manager – Port of London Authority
- Dr Mark James Jackson CEnv
- President and CEO – Luke & Spencer
- Kathryn Norgrove CEnv
- Network Optimisation Specialist – Severn Trent Water
- Professor Daniel Oerther CEnv
- Professor of Environmental Health Engineering – Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Diana Pound CEnv
- Director and Lead Dialogue Designer/Facilitator – Dialogue Matters
- Jenni Reid CEnv
- Director – Tor Ecology
- Joanna Wright CEnv
- Director of Environmental Planning – LUC
The winner and two highly commended finalists will be officially announced at the Society's annual Awards and Lectures for World Environment Day on the 4th June 2019.
The event - hosted by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew - is free for CEnv and REnvTech registrants to attend, with a small fee of £50.00 for non-registrants. Registration for the event is still open, but tickets are going quickly! The Society encourages you to join them to celebrate the work of registered environmental professionals.
More information can be found on the SocEnv website.