The IES would like to congratulate the CHES accredited universities who took home awards and commendations at this year's Green Gown Awards. Since 2004, the Environmental Association of Universities and Colleges (EAUC) have organised the Green Gown Awards to celebrate exceptional sustainability initiatives being undertaken by these institutions across the UK and Ireland. With sustainability moving up the agenda, the Awards have become established as the most prestigious recognition of best practice within the further and higher education sector.
Three CHES accredited institutions were Winners at this year's awards :
- University of Gloucestershire – Research with Impact
- University of Worcester – Sustainability Institution of the Year.
- Manchester Metropolitan University – Tomorrow's Employees
CHES accredited institutions that were Highly Commended were:
- Keele University – Benefiting Society
- University of Worcester – Campus of the Future
- University of the West of England (UWE) – Money for Good
- University of Loughborough – Student Engagement
With awards and commendations for teams and individuals from Nottingham Trent University (Outstanding Leadership Team of the Year), Keele University (Sustainability Champion - Student) and Bournemouth University (Sustainability Champion - Staff). CHES accredited institutions were well-represented among the finalists as well, including the University of Manchester, University of Glasgow, Bangor University, Middlesex University, University of Nottingham, University of Liverpool, University of Greenwich and the University of Hertfordshire.
Congratulations to all the winners and those highly commended. To see the full list of award winners download the Winners' Brochure on the Green Gown Awards website.