Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference to the world. As a wholly independent organisation, we are owned in trust for the benefit of our employees and their dependants: with no shareholders or external investors determine our own business priorities and direction.
We have a new opportunity for an experienced senior grade air quality specialist to join our London team. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in the sector able to provide technical guidance to various teams on projects and act as project manager for technical studies plus assist with business development.
The candidate must be familiar with dispersion modelling techniques including ADMS, ADMS-Roads, ADMS-Urban and AERMOD, commonly applied air quality monitoring methods, GIS and have experience with project management, preparation of proposals and business development. You will be working on a variety of different project types including new road proposals, airports, commercial, retail and residential development, waste disposals, mineral extraction, odour assessment and construction dust.
To provide air quality advice and assessment, working as part of a multi discipline team.
- Project Management
- Team mentoring and leadership
- Assisting with all aspects of project delivery
- Help develop and secure new business, negotiating with clients and contractors in order to develop existing relationships and to forge new business relationships
- Managing project teams to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines
- Responding to enquiries, communicating with clients to establish their needs and drafting fee proposals
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Good working knowledge of legislative and planning framework;
- Expertise in atmospheric dispersion modelling using ADMS-Roads, AERMOD and ADMS 5;
- Design and management of air quality monitoring programmes;
- Interpretation of air quality monitoring data;
- Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) highways assessments;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally;
- Excellent numerical skills;
- Input to technical and financial proposals, project management, checking of reports, business development, Quality Assurance (QA) and Health and safety (H&S) aspects and continuing professional development.
- Candidates should have an appropriate degree and probably a post graduate qualification;
- Typically around 3 or more years’ experience within the air quality sector, probably within an environmental consultancy;
- Candidates should be Chartered, or working towards Chartership with an appropriate organisation (e.g. IES/IAQM).
- Full UK driving license
Reward and Benefits
As well as the satisfaction of rewarding work, you can expect to receive a competitive starting salary, bi-annual profit share and a market-leading flexible benefits package to choose benefits that suit your lifestyle.
Arup employees benefit from 25 days holiday plus public holidays, interest free travel season ticket or bicycle loan, free eye-tests, private medical insurance, life and accident insurance.
All Arup employees also get a flexible benefits fund, which can be used to buy other benefits that suit you, such as gym discounts, opt into our Green Car Scheme or alternatively taken as cash to top up your salary.
Arup is owned in trust for the benefit of our employees, giving us all a genuine share in our success. Each year we set aside around 40% of profits to share with our staff – your share allocation is based on grade and length of service. Profit share is paid twice a year in addition to your salary.