The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) exists to support and promote the interests of the UK automotive industry at home and abroad. Working closely with member companies, SMMT acts as the voice of the motor industry, promoting its position to government, stakeholders and the media.
The purpose of the position:
- To lead as SMMT environmental policy specialist on air quality, climate change and wider environmental policies and regulation affecting UK automotive that have an impact on the environmental performance of road transport, bridging technical and policy discussions on these areas
- To develop SMMT expertise and influence on overall environmental policies and to provide guidance and support on business-wide environmental issues linked to emerging technologies and techniques, such as mobility solutions, Ultra Low Emission Vehicles, Intelligent Transport Systems etc.
- To secure the evidence base in order to inform and develop SMMT strategy, position papers, key reports and stakeholder influence in all aspects of environmental policy and regulations affecting UK automotive.
- To represent SMMT members’ views to UK Government and to other key stakeholders at a local, national and international level.
- To provide accurate and effective advice, briefing and support to senior management, colleagues and members on lead dossiers, responsibilities and other projects as required.
For full details, including skills requirements and main responsibilities, please go to: http://www.smmt.co.uk/2016/08/environmental-manager/
To apply, please email the SMMT HR department at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter stating your salary expectations.