Brownfield Briefing returns to Edinburgh for its 11th annual Brownfield Land Scotland conference, providing you with up-to-date information on the implications of a changing planning and policy framework, as well as practical solutions to many of the current challenges faced when risk assessing, remediating and developing brownfield land.
Bringing together local councils, regulatory agencies, consultants and industry for one information-packed day, this event provides an opportunity to share first-hand experiences and solutions to many contaminated land and groundwater challenges. A topical and up-to-date conference programme, combined with extensive networking and discussion opportunities and a focused exhibition, ensures you can make the most of your time out of the office. returning with actionable guidance specifically applicable to the development of brownfield in Scotland.
With an emphasis on regional case studies and actionable solutions, key topics to be addressed at this year’s event include:
- Optimising new planning policy frameworks and approaches to maximise the role of brownfield land in housing development
- Effective contaminated land risk assessment in planning - collaborative solutions to overcome the obstacles associated with developing brownfield sites
- New strategies and techniques for effective groundwater risk assessment
- Examining revised waste exemptions and licensing and the use of Materials Management Plans (MMPs) in contaminated land remediation projects
- Practically applying current asbestos guidance using a suitable risk-based approach
- Best practice guidance for the testing and verification of hazardous ground gas protection measures
- Case study examples of remediation & development projects in Scotland
IES members get 15% off with code IES18
Full price - £440 (IES members £374)
Second / third delegate - £247 / £187
Local authorities / academia - £147