South Oxfordshire District Council and Vale of White Horse District Council are forward thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme. They have modern open plan offices and smart working practices and the technology to support mobile working.
About the role:
We have a vacancy for a combined Air Quality Officer / Environmental Health Officer within the Environmental Protection Team with primary responsibility for all air quality related issues within the district. Air quality work will take approximately 50% of the officer’s time. The remaining 50% will be spent on general environmental protection work, including investigating nuisance complaints across the district as well as other environmental protection duties.
- BSc / MSc degree course in Environmental Health or a degree in Environmental Sciences with one years’ experience in a similar role.
- Full driving licence and access to own transport.
- Experience of working on local air quality management requiring in depth knowledge of the relevant legislation.
- Experience of investigating nuisance complaints and other Environmental Protection Team work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of report writing.
If you have the following experience or qualifications – it’s a bonus:
- Membership of professional body such as IAQM, CIEH.
- IOA Diploma in Acoustics and Noise Control.
You may have experience of the following: Environmental Health Officer, Health & Safety Officer, Environmental Engineer, Air-Quality, Environmental Advisor, Environment Inspector, Air-Quality Officer, Air-Quality Assistant, Environmental Enforcement Officer etc.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Benefits: A basic 23 days annual leave per annum, rising to 28 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year. Flexible working and annualised hours; pension scheme; childcare voucher scheme; Cyclescheme; gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more; ample free parking available.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.