SLG Technology Limited (SLGT) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Scottish Leather Group Limited (SLG), who are the largest producer of leather in the UK. SLG is a privately owned, independent company which was formed in 1965 and employs 650 people. SLGT provides the various essential support functions to the Group.
SLGT are looking to appoint an Environmental Officer whose role will be to support the management and delivery of environmentally focussed projects, to improve performance and ensure compliance to regulatory requirements across the Group. SLGT staff comprises of Engineers and various Engineering roles, Environmental Scientists, Qualified Accountants, IT specialists, HR specialists and accredited Health and Safety personnel.Should you be successful in securing this position you will be joining the Group at a very exciting time. Our position as a leader in the leather industry is reflected in our multi million pound, privately funded Thermal Energy Plant. This investment has been crucial in catalysing our Zero Waste Strategy. Our recent accolades include Carbon Trust's Energy Efficiency in Manufacturing Award 2012, the Accenture Award for Outstanding International Achievement in Green Energy and the ROCCO Award for Journey to Zero Waste… to name a few!
The successful incumbent will support the Environment Director to enhance the Group’s environmental strategic goals:
Key duties of the role:
- Research, development and management of environmentally focussed projects and initiatives including development of innovative methods for disposal of waste and energy generation, water recycling and carbon footprint reduction.
- Environmental auditing and identification and management of process improvements.
- Providing direct support to the Environment Director, for improving KPIs, managing CCA and compliance reporting requirements.
- Further improve our CSR performance and enhanced environmental performance to underpin sustainable manufacturing.
What you’ll need:
- An Environmental Science or Chemical Engineering graduate
- Would suit applicants with some Post Graduate experience
- The ability to work under own initiative
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- A solutions focussed “can do” attitude with the ability to overcome challenges and deliver results
Should you wish to apply for this permanent position, please include a cover letter along with your CV stating why you feel you are suitable for this role and email Callum MacInnes