The IES is a charitable membership organisation that seeks to unite science and people to solve environmental challenges. We work with our global network of professionals, leading education institutions, researchers, and policymakers to guide transformative change towards a more sustainable society. You can learn more about our mission by reading our strategy.
As a small but rapidly-growing and influential charity, we are currently recruiting for two positions to increase our headcount to 14.
Main Purpose of the Post
You will be highly organised with a keen eye for process development and improvement. Relishing a varied and busy workday and the chance to engage with a wide range of environmental projects, you will need to be highly flexible, motivated and able to fit into the collaborative culture of the office.
This post will be responsible for supporting the smooth running of IES operations through the development of digital operations and services, providing in-house technical support and managing physical infrastructure. We are seeking an individual passionate about project management and with a keen interest in technology.
- Develop, implement, and document performance for Health & Safety, Environmental Management and Data Protection policies
- Manage the IES office ensuring appropriate and functioning technology with minimal downtime
- Manage and maintain physical and IT infrastructure and services
- Act as the Data Protection Officer
- Gather and further develop operational and impact data from across the organisation for management reports
- Make the IES office an attractive and welcoming place to work, maximising opportunities for income generation from the office space, and supporting a shift to a hybrid working environment
- Contribute to the maintenance of the risk register, ensuring appropriate mitigations are put in place
- Contribute to the environmental and sustainability audit
- Spearhead the digital transformation of the Institution through ideation and implementation of the digital roadmap
- Analyse our internal process and identify effective methods to streamline them with technology as an enabler
- Work with Events & Marketing Lead on improving the user experience (UX) of the website and other digital services
- Take ownership of our digital platforms including website, CRM and marketing automation tools, working with our agency partners to optimise each
- Develop new exciting digital products for the sector with a range of contractors and partners
This is a multi-skilled position and we recognise that no candidate is likely to have all the desirable skills.
|Essential (all IES roles)||Desirable (all IES roles)|
|Essential (role-specific)||Desirable (role-specific)|
About the Role
The position is full time. Interviews will take place on Thursday 30th September via Zoom, with a view to the successful candidate starting as soon as possible. This position is for two years, with a review of a continuation on 18 months.
Hybrid working or office-based options are available.
How to Apply
Please send a CV, cover letter (stating "why us and why you?") and equal opportunities monitoring form to Dan Ward by Noon on Monday 20th September If you want to apply to more than one of the vacancies at the IES, you can do so with one application, but please address both sets of the role-specific competencies in your cover letter.
Why work for us?
At the IES, we know that the secret of a successful professional body is the quality of the people behind the membership services.
Our small, inclusive team value the benefits of diversity and exhibit these in collaboratively working with staff, our fantastic trustees, members and partner organisations, to fulfil our mission of uniting people and science to solve environmental challenges.
With a good list of employee benefits and a social calendar connected to the office, we are sure you will enjoy the culture of working at the IES. We care about nurturing your career development with individualised professional development plans and a separate budget that you can spend on your learning.