The current COVID-19 pandemic is having many repercussions in our home and work lives, presenting a need for us to rapidly adapt to new ways of living and working.
Our recent Covid-19 survey indicated that on average 64% of our members have seen a drop in their workload, with 20% of respondents having been, or expecting to be, furloughed in the coming weeks.
We are committed to supporting our members during this time and have pulled together some excellent CPD opportunities that are currently available and comply with furlough guidelines.
Stay up-to-date with your sector and utilise some of these CPD opportunities:
- Check out the latest environmental SCIENTIST journals or take a look at the full journal archive for articles focussed on land condition.
- Join our mentor scheme - this could involve mentoring fellow professionals and providing support to students seeking opportunities and graduates entering the sector. This is a great opportunity to stay connected.
- Listen to recent podcasts on the CL:AIRE website.
- Register for a webinar/event or listen back to our webinar archive. A forthcoming online forum is Site visits during COVID-19: Staying safe and keeping compliant. Popular ones from the archive include:
- Deliver a webinar. If you have a topic in mind and would be interested in delivering a webinar, please get in touch.
- Upskill with an online training course, such as the LQM online training or an EMAQ+ seminar.
- Develop lesson content for homeschooling and upload environmental science lessons to YouTube.
- Book on to a Chartership workshop.
Taking part in CPD activities during lockdown is a valuable way of adding structure to your day, maintaining mental focus and staying up-to-date with activities from across the sector. If you have been furloughed, under Government advice you are still able to undertake CPD activities.
All of the above activities can contribute to your CPD hours, supporting you to undertake, record and reflect on CPD during this time.