UK regulation: endless paperwork or essential protection?
Emma Fenton; Caroline Beattie
This journal provides a comprehensive review the UK's environmental regulatory landscape and explains how regulation has benefited the UK environment. It describes the motivations behind the Smarter Environmental Regulation Review and Red Tape Challenge.
- Environmental regulation in the UK - Ed Mitchell
- A brief history of environmental law in the UK - Ben Christman
- The state of UK environmental legislation: opportunities for reform? - Eloise Scotford, Rosie Oliver
- Smartening up the environmental regulatory framework - Sharon Holloway, Vicky Midgley
- How does UK environmental regulation affect the environment? - Darren Walker, Emma Fenton
- Environmental regulation: ambiguity, ambivalence and legislative balancing acts - Nigel South
- Nitrate Vulnerable Zones: a good example of risk-based, targeted regulation? - Robert Willows, Alwyn Hart
- The regulation of contaminated land in the UK - David Kerr
- Cambrian patent fuel works - Kevin Stone