In this event, we heard from Professor Colin Moffat who shared details of the Scottish Government's Blue Economy approach for the management of the marine environment. Colin also discussed The OSPAR Convention's recent commitment to accounting for natural capital and ecosystem services, and the need to consider these concepts along with the blue economy as part of planning and development.
This event was organised as part of our Turning the Tide: systems thinking for a sustainable ocean project, which has been endorsed as a UN Ocean Decade Activity.
How can I get involved?
Join our dedicated mailing list to stay up to date on future Turning the Tide project activities and hear about ways to collaborate.
Other ways you can get involved include:
- Join our Marine and Coastal Science Community and attend our meetings twice per year
- Join our Marine and Coastal Science Community LinkedIn group
- Sign up to our upcoming events for the project as they are announced
- Let us know your perspective by contributing a blog or analysis piece for the IES website
- Get in touch to find out more about the project and explore ways you can collaborate