This five day course will introduces the fundamentals of air pollution, with a consideration of the background and historical perspective, and a commentary on current air quality policies and standards. Included is a background on historical perspective on air pollution and a commentary on current air quality policies and standards, with discussion of major pollutants, their sources and their effects (environmental, economic and health.
The course will:
- introduce the methods to estimate air pollution emission from road transport and industrial sources;
- introduce the theory of dispersion of air pollution in the atmosphere;
- discuss the major approaches for air pollution modelling;
- demonstrate the features and the use of most widely used commercial and freely available air quality models;
- introduce the issues of indoor air pollution and personal exposure to air pollution; and
- demonstrate the methods of estimating disease burden or health impacts of air pollution.
The course runs for 5 days from Monday 28th November. Course fees are £1275.