The FWR Community was launched following the IES inheriting the mission of the Foundation for Water Research (FWR) in 2022. The Community is a cohesive, innovative, and independent-thinking community of water professionals offering guidance and strategic thought leadership for the IES’s water activities. The FWR Community uses an integrated, systems-thinking approach to water issues and their interactions with land and air. The FWR Community will be led by the FWR Committee and is informed by three technical panels.
Shape the water sector
After the Foundation for Water Research (FWR) joined the IES family in 2022, we launched a dedicated FWR Community, a cohesive, innovative, and independent-thinking community of water professionals offering guidance and strategic thought leadership for the IES’s water activities. The Community uses systems thinking approaches to issues impacting the water sector and will continue the FWR mission of advancing the education of the public in the science and management of water.
Gain access to the FWR Community and connect with fellow water professionals with an IES membership. Joining the IES signals your expertise in the sector and your support of systems thinking approaches to the interconnected issues facing our environment. Wherever you are in your career, the IES has membership services to support your professional development.
Join now and gain access to:
- Publications dedicated to the water sector and wider environmental science sector
- A busy events calendar, including webinars, discussion meetings and conferences
- Opportunities to connect with a wide network of water professionals and environmental scientists
- Professional development support, including dedicated mentoring schemes and pathways to Chartership and registration
- ...and much more
Most recent journal on Water
The articles in this issue of the environmental SCIENTIST provide insights into the many complex challenges and considerations that need to be addressed if we are to achieve global water security – from the impacts...
Join our FWR Community
The IES’s water activities are led by the FWR Committee, with support from the following technical panels:
- Water Environment and Ecosystem Services Technical Panel
- Water Resources and Quality Technical Panel
- Sustainable Wastewater Management Technical Panel
Get in touch for more information on joining the FWR Community.